The 2017 Stampin' Up! incentive trip to Thailand was incredible! While this was not one of the places to visit on my bucket list, I'm so grateful for the opportunity to visit there! The culture, the people, the sights . . . all so worth the 24 plus hours of time in the air! (That's not counting the multiple hours spent in 5 airports on the way there and 4 on the way home!) While away, I shared trip highlights on my Stampin' with Georgia Facebook page . . . be sure to check them out if you missed it! While it's fun and exciting to travel, it's great to be home to sleep in my own bed!
One of the things I love about my Stampin' Up! products is the versatility! They're not only for making cards and scrapbook pages . . . but so much more! I was inspired by this home decor project (below) that Brandi Barnard created and shared at OnStage in April . . . I saved this photo so I could go home and recreate it!
Here's my version! I copied Brandi's idea to use the Labeler Alphabet to create the saying on my project. The saying I used is one I copied from a stamp in the new Crafting Forever stamp set. I used several stamp sets (listed below under Stampin' Supplies) to create the backgrounds behind the butterflies. And you already know I love that butterfly from the Move Me Thinlits! I was taken by this home decor project right from the get go!
Dimensions & Directions:
- Select a frame you love! Mine is for an 8" x 10" image.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock . . . 8" x 10" for background mat
- Whisper White cardstock . . . cut 6 . . . 2-3/4" x 3" (actually just a hair less than each)
- Cut one of each of the 2017-2019 In Color cardstocks and one Copper Foil Sheet . . . 2-7/8" x 3-1/8" for mats
- Paper Saving Tip . . . cut your butterflies from the center of each mat!
- Stamp backgrounds with 2017-2019 In Color Inks (I stamped off on scratch paper once before stamping on my paper to achieve the softer look)
- I used stamps from the Best Birds and Touches of Texture to make each one slightly different . . . here's where you can get creative!
- I used words from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set with Crumb Cake Ink for the background behind the copper butterfly
- Adhere butterflies to coordinating stamped piece (I randomly tilted them)
- If you have a sewing machine, you can stitch through the center of each butterfly to add an extra touch of texture
- Adhere stamped white pieces to coordinating mats
- Arrange squares on 8" x 10" cardstock, lightly adhere in position
- Stamp desired quote between the rows with the Labeler Alphabet and Memento Black Ink (I practiced on a 1" x 10" strip first to determine spacing)
- Adhere squares to mat with Dimensionals
- I added Adhesive Strips around the edge of my glass before inserting my finished art so that there would be dimension to my finished project.
Display or share with pride! I love how this turned out and it was very fun to make!
Don't forget to check out the two amazing promotions going on during the month of July! It's a great time to make a dent in that wish list of yours!
- There's no limit to the number of coupons you can receive!
- The only thing required to participate is an email address! Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- Bonus Days redemption period . . . August 1 - 30
Not only is it a great time to get more of those things you've been wanting from the new catalog, it's a great time to stock up on your favorites!
Already love Stampin' Up! products? Are you an avid customer/user/collector (had to throw that last one in for giggles), there's another offer you'll want to check out Christmas in July!
Ho, ho, ho! The Christmas in July promotion makes it the perfect time to join Stampin' Up!
I'd like to rephrase that first part to "Even if you have NO interest in having a business" . . . this is a great opportunity to get in on the best perk of being a demonstrator . . . a discount on all of your Stampin' Up! purchases . . . yes, your wish list! (minimum discount 20% with potential for more . . . depending on what you spend and/or if others help you spend)
- This $72 Value for FREE when you purchase the Starter Kit! (Which is already a great deal at $99 for $125 Stampin' Up! products of your choosing!) So it's really $98 for FREE!
Take a peek at the Carols of Christmas stamp set here.
As always, there is NO obligation to hold events or sell to others! You can simply join to enjoy the discount for yourself and to have access to Stampin' Up! news and products early!
To make the process go smoothly, you'll want to make your list of $125 products then clicking the "Join the Fun!" button!
I'll be in touch when you do! I'd love to help you get started! I'll be out of the country from July 4-16 with limited access to internet, however, there's plenty of July left when I return if you should need more assistance! You can also call 800 STAMP UP with your questions!
Are you ready to tackle that list? Get started SHOPPING HERE!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stampin'